In a recent interview and keynote, my colleague Gert Wim ter Haar outlined where we’re headed with social media servicing at KLM.
Ever since I had the pleasure of posting the very first tweet for KLM back in 2009, we have been pioneering to deliver the best possible social media service and brand experience. The social landscape is constantly moving and innovations come fast. By anticipating and being eager to innovate, we have maintained our position as one of the world’s leading companies on social media.
Most important developments:
- Social media have become a main entry point, next to company apps and .com.
- A shift is taking place from public social platforms towards private messaging apps.
- The majority of people only use a small number of apps on their mobile.
- Third party bots and artificial intelligence (AI) will increasingly be embedded in messaging apps.
- At KLM, we’re using smart bots to bring .com functionalities to social.
- Big Data and AI support agents in providing timely, correct and personal answers.
Keynote at Engage 2016 in Prague (May 2016)